Monday 27 August 2012

Round Table

I was garage sale looking AGAIN, it never seems to stop in the summer months for me. A $5 bill later and I was driving home with this little gem.


The top was really rough, so I did sand it down a bit with my hand held electric sander to smooth out the chips in the paint. I had just bought a new can of Annie Sloan Paint in French Linen and pure white and thought that a french feel to this piece would be appropriate.

This is how it turned out. It took a bit of work to get the lines to be straight. A small artistic brush works perfect...lots of little touch ups were needed so this table took me a bit longer than I normally spend on one but I love the end result.


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Better After...I just have to say that I love this table! What a cool and unique paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara, I love how it turned out too. It was fun to paint but a bit of work to get the lines just perfect.

      Delete