Friday 25 May 2012

Desk Project

So I found this desk at a liquidation sale at a hotel. I got it for 10 bucks and thought it would be perfect for my 8 yr old son for his room.
This is what it looked like when I brought it home. A bit rough for wear but in good sturdy condition. A perfect DIY project for me.

So I sanded it down with some 200 sand grit paper. After washing it down and letting it dry I put some primer on it. Excuse the coke can, it was helping hold the drawer open so it didn't dry shut.


Once I get a few coats of primer put in on it, I am going to paint it and do something really fun and creative with it. Stay tuned as you will see the final project hopefully in a few days.



Well, I got a beautiful blue colour that my son helped pick out. Bliss Blue.
Got the first two coats on and it is ready for the final surprise. 


Drum Roll....and the final project has been completed. It looks like this.
I painted the top of the desk with chalkboard paint. The only thing I have left to do is put the hard wear back on drawer but I spray painted it matt black, so it is still drying in the garage.





No comments:

Post a Comment