Wednesday 23 October 2013

GeoCache Birthday Party

This one was a fun one to do. What can be more fun for a bunch of 8 yr olds than running wild in a ravine hunting for hidden caches.
I didn't want my iphone to get broken so I didn't do what I had orgianally planned was make them hunt by GPS. So I scoured thru my ravine and put red electrical tape on a tree and they had to look from that point to find the hidden find..

 To start off the party I had the kids decorate their own geocache loot bag. And to make it a little more challenging I did a code sheet where I put a sentence in a coded word and they had to figure out what my sentence said. It is a simple code. A = N or N=A.


example: Guvf vf sha = This is fun

Decryption Key
A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z


I took little containers and each one (I had 8) had enough items in it for each kid. I had one box with a marker/picture coloring set, another marbles, slimy spiders etc... Each child had to put on item in their loot bag and move on to the next find. The kids loved this idea - they got to take all the items they found home with them (although the candy portion did not make it that far).



Have fun with your kids parties. This party cost me a total of 7$ per bag / kid and made my own cup cakes. The containers I used my own that I had on. So a party of 6 kids cost me $42.00. And the kids had tons of fun. The parents have been telling me how much fun their child had and what a great idea. So I hope this blog helps you design your own geocache birthday party. You can me it as hard or as easy as you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment