Tuesday 19 March 2013

Why pay tons for a lego table, make your own.

This is my side table...bought at a garage sale last year. Didn't really need it, didn't sell it. Oh man, what to do with it????

Not wanting this anymore, the refurbisher in me (which I already painted this one last summer the grey color)...thought "What can I turn this into???".

Hmmm....a little Mod Podge and a giant lego sheet. A lego table for my boys would be a great use for this. So here I go, just winging it.

First I covered the entire back of the board in the glue.

used some heavy books to help the glue bond and dry. It was on there for a few hours today.
As I let this dry I got an idea. I was cleaning out my tupperwear drawer and was getting rid of some ziplock containers....so I decided...why not glue those down too.

There is my DIY lego table. I am going to look for some lego road stripes and add that around the sides to add a big of interest to the table. The kids loved this idea. I hope this table gets hours of fun.

Making your own table will save you $$$$ - So at Toys R Us, an imagination station for lego table is 149.00$ - this cost me nothing to make. Love IT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment